Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cold and windy.

I put the clear coat on the Primary Force and the Ruffy this morning.. The Ruffy has been sitting around since last winter. I finally found a paint to match the covering and got it painted and it sat a while longer waiting for the clear coat. All it needs now is to put an engine in it and set the leadouts and the balance. I put all the stuff on the Primary Force and set the leadouts and balanced it where I figured the c/g should be. I didn't have to add any weight as it balances within a eighth inch of the right spot. All up weight is 44 ounces which is good. It's hard to believe that some of the r/c planes weighed more than 128 ounces and flew quite well.
I started on the Ringmaster flaps this afternoon. I got them cut out and the cap on the wing and flaps. I'm in the middle of installing the wire joiner and shaping the hinge surfaces. I'll need another roll of covering as the sanding is scratching the old covering.

No comments: