Friday, December 11, 2009

More cold and more wind.

After breakfast I filled the tank on the truck. I had gone 103 miles since the last fill up. The pump clicked off at 4.5 gallons. That's pretty good mileage. I added more before taking the fuel reading to be sure.
I managed to get the flaps and wing areas covered by using stuff I removed from the parts. I had some covering on the original Pupster wing and used that to cover the flaps. I glued the hinges into the flaps by inserting glue in from the back side of the end cap on the flap. I made a hole at each hinge and squirted glue in over the hinge. The slot should keep the glue from getting to the pinned portion of the hinge. When I install the flaps on the wing I'll glue the joiner rod to the flaps and then squirt glue through the holes in the wing to secure the hinges. I did remember to make the holes on the bottom of the wing. I sawed out a flap horn and the plans show a funny shaped horn. I copied it as best I could. I am able to use the original push rod by taking it apart and re doing it. I cut off a couple inches for the flap to elevator rod and just put a clevis on the bellcrank end rod. It should be finished in a day or so.

No comments: