Saturday, December 26, 2009

Back at square one, finally.

The temp. got into the high 30's today so I figured I would put the bike back together. I put the original ignition back in after cleaning and lubing the advance mechanism. Then I found that the new advance mechanism that came with the points conversion kit would fit the old stuff so I used it. The original was pretty worn. I wired the module up and tried to start it. It would burn the prime and stop. I shook the bike and couldn't hear any gas sloshing around in the tank. I had forgot that I drained it to use in the mowers. I put a quart in and it fired up and ran. I shut it off and opened the door to let the fumes out. Two more things to button up and I'm back to the beginning.
The new plane is coming along well. I had planned to use a landing gear from one I scrapped but it took up too much room. I looked at the directions for the Nobler and made a set of wires that look like the Goldberg Eaglet/Eagle models. I should have put the gear in the wings but was too lazy.
The biggest design problem I had was the shape of the fin/rudder. I think that is the only item that sets the plane apart from all the others. The fuse., wing, tail are pretty much all the same shape. But the fin/rudder is always different and I think I have a different shape than all the others again. I can see it now at the field. Hey, that fin/rudder makes it look like so and so's design. Yeah? Fuck You.

No comments: