Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Still cold and windy.

Very little melting of the snow as the temps have been in the twentys for a while.
I've been working on a new wing for a week. I started by setting up the jig and didn't like the way it looked. I set the ribs up the old fashioned way, over the plan and started glueing. It came out pretty good and It's ready to be installed into the fuse. I planned on another profile but changed to a full fuse. plane yesterday. I have the sides cut out and doublers glued in. I built a new stab. for it too. I was going to use an old one but the paint wouldn't sand off at all. I tried the belt sander and the paint just balled up. I wanted to make the plane with an upright engine but gave up and inverted it.
I made some calls to Tower, Fox, Brodak and another cottage shop for supplies and an ARF Vector. Tower had a sale on OS .46 engines, 2 for something and I was ordering 2 anyway. I ordered 3 mufflers for the .40 from Fox and another gallon of castor oil. I break more mufflers than anything else. The stuff I ordered was things I didn't win at the contest last October. It';s a good thing the sale of my mother's house closed yesterday.

No comments: