Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting close.

I went to the dog track yesterday with the rebuilt plane. I had a plastic clunk tank on it so I didn't have to put to much fuel in it for the test sessions. It didn't look too bad up right but inverted the plane was banked about 10 degrees into the circle. It was sprinkling so I went home to make adjustments. I removed the r/c carb and installed a venturi. I went back to the track and got in one flight in the heavier sprinkles. I consulted the trim chart and it said for thge wings not level to adjust the flaps. I made a clamp thing to go over the joiner wire and gave it a twist. I went back today and the tweak was helpful but not quite enough to level the wings. I did manage to get in a full pattern as is. The winds are tricky above 50 feet as the plane got banged around in the overhead eights. I tweaked the flaps again when we got home.
The clunk tank is one I could never get to run on any plane. For some reason it works perfectly on this one. A very steady engine run and the shut off is final. No indication at all, it just stops. I timed the run on a full tank and it's 6 minutes. More than enough to be safe.
I took some pictures and the computer whiz got called to baby sit before they could be put on the computer.

No comments: