Friday, December 4, 2009

I think I got it.

After flying the re built plane yesterday I did some measuring to get the engine offset in the plane. I increased it so the prop was half inch different tip to tip. I went to the dog track today and the plane stayed out on the lines quite nicely. I did a whole pattern and the hourglass was recognizable.
The re build is progressing slowly. I don't have the balsa to make the stab and elevator yet. I cut some monokote for hinges and the strips for the hinge lines. I have enough white left to cover the wing and hopefully the stab. The flaps and elevator will be orange. Krylon makes a paint that is real close to the orange monokote color. I had to re do the control bellcrank as the push rod exited under the wing and needs to exit out the top with flaps. So far so good. Should come out real light, under 40 ounces, and have an OS .40 in the nose.

No comments: