Sunday, December 6, 2009

First snow.

It snowed last night and an inch stayed on the ground. I was below freezing so the snow is crunchy. The driveway is a bit slippery too.
With the crap weather I spent most of the day working on the Primary Force. I've got the wing covered, flaps installed and hooked to the bell crank. I made the stab. and elevator and glued the stab to the fuse. I hinged the elevator to the stab. and found that I don't have enough white to cover both sides of the stab. I think I will cover the bottom of the stab. in orange, the same as the flaps and elevator. It won't show right side up. I put all the parts on the scale and I'm looking at the low to mid 40 ounce range when it's done. The flaps and larger stab/elevator will add about 5 ounces. The fuse is covered with spot putty spots filling in the dents and dings.

No comments: