Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nice weather.

The storm knocked 2 branches off the tamarack tree last night. I dragged them off and cut them into burnable pieces later in the day.
The wind slacked off a bit and I went to the dog track and got in a few flights. More trimming needed. I added more engine offset.
I couldn't help myself and started on the Primary force this morning. Several pieces of broken ribs inside the covering and plenty of cracked ribs too. I cut off the stab. and rudder. Then I cut a half inch off the trailing edge of the wing so I can glue a piece of quarter inch on it. The flaps will mount to that. I laminated the flaps and made slotted boxes for the control horn joiner as the trailing edge is tapered and the flaps can't move freely with the joiner glued to the flaps.
It's still in the 50's at 8 o clock.
I washed the El Camino and the hot rod while the temp was up.

No comments: