Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trying it again.






OK, I X'ed out of the net and an overlay on the picture posting page came back on the home page. I cancelled that and X'ed out of the picture page and started over again. I worked this time.
Anyway this is the plane, it's the oldest one I got. It was almost 2 years old and somehow survived several belly flops and roof landings. The old wing was borrowed from a 20 size ugly stik and was too strong to break.Pictures of the original are in my post of Jan. 2008. I built a wing using the rib templates for the Cardinal, I think he said, that Gil sent me and later found out that it should have had a straight leading edge. I made it a straight trailing edge. I kept the stab. big as I had done originally and it now looks more like the Primary Force except for the flaps. It flys very nice. And the balance came out right where I figured it should but I don't know if it's where it should be. I can add nose weight as an aluminum spinner came with the engine. 1.6 ounces worth. Or I can put on the OS .40 which is heavier by the same amount. I gave up on the idea to clear coat the plane as the white even wrinkled itself. I'm looking at the first kit built Primary Force that I've been flying. It's pretty beat up and pieces of rib are loose inside the wing. The canopy section is ground off and re built and the tail has been ripped off several times. The fuse. is re usable so I may re build that one next. I'll use better balsa on this one. I'm thinking Pathfinder airfoil but it may be too thick for this fuse. to handle. I'll have to check.

No comments: