Monday, December 28, 2009

New charger.

I went to Sears this morning and bought a battery charger. Not the top of the line but the next one down. $139.99 plus tax. It is capable of starting a car but I need it to keep the hot rod battery up to snuff. After putting the thing together I put 50 amps into the hot rod battery for a half hour.
The temp. got into the 40's and the wind was light so I packed up and headed for the dog track. The engine ran well until I did a loop and it took off again. I tried to get in another flight but it started to rain so I headed home. I removed the engine and put it on the Primary Force that I re built and started to put a cheek piece on the Ringmaster. The epoxy is drying now. I fiddled around with one of the Fox .40's and found it would fit on the Ringmaster so I installed it and will try it with that engine. I still have to carve and sand the cheek piece and paint it but flying time is scarce right now.
I'm waiting for UPS to bring some of the stuff I ordered last week. I got a call from the place I ordered the lines last night. I told him I ordered on line and he said it would be shipped today. I have to hold up on the new plane as I need some parts before continuing.

1 comment:

bbird76020 said...

Perry,
I use on of the Battery Tender JRs on our bikes and on the 65 Mustang to keep the batteries topped off. Works great. Cycle Gear puts them on sale from time to time.

Larry Borden