Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More good weather.

We headed to the dog track before noon. I brought the plane with the new wingwith flaps and tail I fixed up over the winter. It was named the Primary Pupster but with the new stuff I changed the name to Padre. It has a copy of the Primary Force fuse. and I put flaps and a new tail on the Primary Force changing it so it looks like the Padre, somewhat. Keeping with the theme I named it Vicar. Anyway I flew the Padre 3 times and got 2 patterns out of it. The first flight was a test and tune to see how the engine was running.
I started to take the leaf shredder apart to see why it wouldn't start and gave up and went back to the dog track with the Super 80 and 3 fuel tanks. I started with the tank I had on it originally and everything went well. I put the larger tank on that gave me trouble and within a few laps it acted up again. I'll take the end cap off again and replace the feed tube. The one on it has a very long bologna slice at the end and it may be sucking air from the uniflow vent tube which is close to it. I removed a ball of solder that fell in when I plugged a hole that was missed at manufacture. I put the first tank back on and it flew well again.
I went back to the shredder and found a sheared key in the flywheel. I replaced it and it started right up.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Sounds like a good day.