Friday, March 19, 2010

Summer's here at last.

I had to use a different needle in the Fox .40 spray bar. I had one that fit and it had a longer taper for finer adjustment. I started the weed wacker I got from my brother and gassed it up. I made an extension for the line marker spray can and taped the can to a 3 foot long board. I loaded up and headed for the dog track. I stopped at Agway for more paint cans first. I set up in the new location and got in 2 flights. Then I got the tape measure and painted a circle in the center and another circle 75 feet in radius. I got the weed wacker out and cut down the grass and weed sticks within the 75 foot circle. The first flights were much more stable being away from the tree line but the winds were very light. I went back after lunch and got in 2 more flights and the winds were stronger coming over the tree line. I didn't notice any of the turbulence that was in the other circle.
I got the shredder out and chewed up the leaf piles the neighbor kids left last fall. Then I went over to the pile of pine cones and dropped a few into the shredder. They exploded out the chute in many pieces. I proceeded to shred all of them. The bag was full and very heavy as I used the new wagon to bring it to the woods.

No comments: