Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring is still spriniing.

Tractor Supply had an ad in the paper yesterday and there was a 4 wheel dump cart in it for $59 something. I've been getti9ng the eye about a new wagon of some kind for yard work and the wheel barrow is on it's last legs. I got one today and put it together between trips to the dog track. It's got a plastic body and can be pulled by the lawn mower. Fairly strong construction.
I tried a working tank onthe Padre and didn't get any change in engine run. I tried muffler pressure to the tank but no change. I put two different needle valve asm. and ran it but still no change. Then I noticed a piece of crap in the first needle valve and cleaned it out and replaced it but that didn't help either. Off with the head and in with a .020 shim. That calmed it down nicely. I went to the dog track and flew it and it behaved very well. As it neared the bottom of the fuel load I was waiting for a hint that the engine was going to stop. I was surprised when it quit dead with out a hint. I think I'll keep that tank on for a while. The wind was about 20 mph and coming over the nearby trees knocking the plane about as it passed close to the trees. I started walking away from the trees and it smoothed out some. I'm going to move the circle about 100 yards further from the tree line. The pavement looks more level there too. I'll still have to put up with the thermals.

No comments: