Monday, March 8, 2010

In the 60's today.

We decided to go to the hobby shop today instead of Wed. I got some decals for the Super 80 and props, wheels and a tank. We stopped at a breakfast/lunch place next to the Woodstock Fair grounds for a bite as we have never been there. Nice place. When we got home we headed for the dog track. I got in 4 flights with the the Super 80 and the wind was picking up in good shape. The last flight the engine quit so that touch down was up wind. The turbulence pushed the plane towards the ground and I gave it up but the wind forced it onto the ground and bounced it 4 feet high. I managed to keep it hitting on the wheels the second time and it bounced up a foot, came down on the wheels again and the wind flipped over. No damage to speak of. I didn't take the other plane out at all.
I installed the new tank on the 80. It's a 3 1/2 ounce tank. I also re set the leadouts by using a tape measure to see just how much the nose hangs below level. I think this will be a much more accurate way of doing it.

No comments: