Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nice weather today.

The forecast was for temps in the high 40's and light winds. Rain and snow for tonight.We headed for the dog track around noon and I got in 4 flights with the Flite Streak using the tank I got at the hobby shop. The engine wouldn't cooperate but did run. I didn't make any trim changes this time but I did swap engines. I put the needle valve on the exhaust side so an inverted landing won't break it. A little tricky to set it though with the hot muffler and prop in the way.
I glued the wing, stab and rudder on the Super 80. I also covered the wing. I'm going to paint the fuse. bright silver from a Krylon can and then clear dope it to make sure it's fuel proof. Orange on the wing and tail like the PT-19 and other trainers from WW2. Calculated weight is around 25 ounces.

No comments: