Thursday, July 31, 2008

A couple of things.

My die grinders on off switch finally failed a week ago. It is a little thing that has to be installed through the motor stator. This means the grinder has to be taken apart. I did it once before and barely remember how to do it. I bought a switch from Ace True Value and it was too big. While at the auto parts store I asked just for the fun of it and he had one that fit. I figure I can use the larger switch to turn off the fan motor in the El Camino. I believe back then some cars had fans that ran all the time on low. There is no off position on the heater control panel.
I started painting the latest plane and it's drying. I have to let it set for a day or so to be safe. I plan to use Krylon over Rustoleum and sometimes the two don't mix. I tested a patch and it didn't ruin the white so I'm giving it a go. I also trimmed the landing gear down and removed the wheel pants for a weight savings of 1 and 1/4 ounces. Probably the same weight as the paint I'm adding. I still can drop an ounce or two with a tongue muffler instead of the stock one. It'll be a day or two before I can take pictures.
We called the insurance and got the El Camino on the policy. They are mailing me a card. They did show their lack of how CT DMV works. They said if I go to the DMV and have the DMV call them and give their fax number they would fax the card to the DMV. The clerk would have a one word reply to that request, Next!!!

No comments: