Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Next please.

All went well at the DMV today. The place was packed, it looked more like a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving. I got the forms I needed and what I have to do next. I changed the water pump this afternoon and when I tried to start it the battery was dead. 9. something volts. I got a new one on the hook and will get it in the morning. I kind of suspect the horn relay or some part there of may be draining it but I'm not sure. I got the horns unhooked just in case. I'll probably get a new fuel pump while I'm at it. The old one seems to be fine but it's old and hasn't been in use for about 10 years. I tried a new technique on the latest plane today. I thinned some epoxy as usual and brushed it on a small area. Then I scraped it off with a freebee credit card. I was able to do the whole fuselage with one third the epoxy as before. I put on two coats this way. So far so good. Now I need to come up with a color scheme.

No comments: