Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ready to go.

I bought the new battery this morning and installed it and ran the El Camino out of and back into the garage. A mud wasp had built a nest on a rafter above the project vehicle and was hosed down and scraped off the beam before driving back into the garage.I checked all the lights and they all work. The front end needs to be aligned and it's road worthy. Insurance first though. I left the horns disconnected and will disconnect the heater motor as it runs all the time and it blows warm air. Don't need that now.
I aligned and glued the wing and tail on the new fuselage this morn. also. I promptly glued my fingers to the fuse. when the super glue ran out of the joint and onto my fingers. I didn't notice it until it was too late. I lost a little bit of skin when I peeled the fingers off the fuselage. I decided on a white wing with red and white checkerboard on the wing tips and blue stripes along the leading edge. I don't have any white or blue dope paint so I'm testing some rustoleum and krylon to see how fuel proof they are. The fuse. will be blue under the wing and a white top. Total weight to this point is 39 to 40 ounces. I will need to use a smaller muffler and lighter landing gear to make my planned weight.
I went to the school with the Ringmaster and got in two flights to test the repaired pushrod. All went well, good engine runs and clean cut offs. It still won't stay on it's wheels when it lands in the grass. It was mowed today too and just as it stopped it tipped over. Bigger wheels maybe or move the gear further forward some more. Mid 80's clear sky and light wind. Perfect for flying.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Probably the fan resistor is bad.