Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hot and windy.

I went to the school this morning with the two planes I choose for trimming. The primary planes engine wouldn't run more that 45 seconds. I put it away and brought out the heavy plane. It ran well but I couldn't get it to run the lap times I thought it needed. I need to narrow the handle spacing a bit as it's too jumpy where it is. It's stable but turns too hard for the handle input. When I got home I tried the balky engine again with a metal tank and it ran as it should. The plastic tank got taken apart and the only thing I could find was the fuel pick up was too close the the tank end. I shortened it and tried it again and it ran steady for the 4 ounces of fuel in it. When I go again I'll have a metal tank ready to install. Yesterday the plane of choice spit the spinner cone off in flight. Today the plane not of choice did the same thing. Both Goldberg spinners. The vibrations must be popping the studs out of the back plate. I'll have to get some Du-Bro spinners that screw into the back plate.
I got an e-mail from some one looking for people to fly with but he hasn't answered my reply yet. I have another willing to fly too but the other guy holds the key.

No comments: