Monday, July 28, 2008

Houston, we have horns and a problem.

I went flying with the Enya powered Ringmaster today. I re installed the original carb. and wired it open. I backed off the spray bar a turn and that made a big difference. Nice engine run this time. On the way home I figured I could use more line spacing at the handle. After inspecting the control system I found a loose wire in the carbon fiber pushrod. This allowed non linear movement from the handle to control surface. I re glued the pieces and added reinforcement to the joints. I ordered a pair of horns from the local parts store and installed them this afternoon. One horn wouldn't work and has something loose inside. After some testing it started to work and got installed. Push the button and toot the horn. Tomorrow I plan to go the the DMV and get the paperwork and advise to register the car. Cover me, I'm going in.

No comments: