Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Tires.

I was notified today that I can pick up my new tires for the El Camino tomorrow. Now I need to get some lug nuts that fit the wheels. I finally got the Enya .35 running today. It has given me trouble since it vibrated loose twice. I did find a small metal chip in the fuel nipple and that seems to have cured it. I'm using the Ringmaster as an engine test bed. I've performed a mod. the some Fox .35s to help cure the hesitation the engine has when mounted sideways on a profile fuse. Everyone says it's because the transfer port in the engine is too big. I did the recommended fix and put a popsicle stick in the port to reduce the volume and keep the gas velocity up. I found an ARF Nobler kit on ebay for 99.99 and free shipping. The Tower hobbies price is 99.99 and has shipping added on. So I ordered one. I had built three or four Noblers from kits many years ago. I never knew what I was doing back then. Now it's 95% built and covered so all I have to do is fly it.

No comments: