Friday, July 18, 2008

Hot and humid again.

I got a flight each on two planes the other morning. The Ringmaster/Enya combination didn't run right. I think it was too lean as the times were 4.1 second laps. Inverted maneuvers caused almost engine flame out. The Stunt Pupster/ Fox .45 combo worked well. I put an APC 12 1/4 X 3 3/4 prop on and the plane flew very well. I had designed the plane for this engine but changed it because of weight and balance problems with another that had a .40 in it. The weather for the contest on Sunday is supposed to be as bad as today. Very little wind lately too.
I have to get some urethane adhesive to pack around the front and back windows. I have to lay it in like glazing a pane of house window glass. I'm still thinking on this one.
Fed Ex dropped off a glider swing type chair today. It's made out of recycled plastic and looks like the building material Trex. Should last a while. Assembling that, making a rope swing for the grandson, making a tongue muffler for the Fox .45 out of its broken stock muffler, emptying the de humidifier barrel onto the horseshoe pits, 10 gallons each, taking a look at the lonely motorcycle and sending a check to the hot rod insurance co. The policy isn't in effect until they get the money. They wouldn't take a credit card over the phone either the miserable pricks. I'm not at all happy with their service this season.

No comments: