Sunday, July 13, 2008

I have gotten several flights on 3 different planes this past week. Bad tanks, loose engines the usual stuff. Peter Hess set up a get together in Simsbury on Sat. (67 miles) so I packed 4 planes in the Stratus and made the journey. I had never flown control line with other control liners. It didn't pose a problem. I got in about 8 flights with 3 planes and only the loose engine showed up. I took it off and put on the engine I built the plane for in the first place. I needed some longer bolts to do the swap and had to take some from the Stunt Pupster. After that I put the Fox .45 on the S.P. as I had bolts that would fit and the plane could use the extra power, or at least that's what I figure. Too windy today to fly so I don't know how the changes worked out.
The El Camino has a new exhaust system and on Mon. it will have the back window installed and a new windshield and shocks and pinion seal. The new radiator is a heavy duty 4 core unit and is ready for me to install when it gets home. It still needs tires but that depends when the Trans Am wheels come in as I get the tires off the old rims.

No comments: