Thursday, July 3, 2008

Update

I checked the dome light and found a switch. I pushed it and the light came on. The previous owner must have cobbled this light in to replace the original. Anyway it works.
I forgot to mention that I have one more kit to build this coming winter. It is called Pathfinder. It's got trike gear, unusual for a control line plane. Pretty big wing at 54 inches, big because it may not fit in my car.I got it off ebay at the same time I got the Twister and from the same seller. Again for less than the kit price from Brodak. Being a Brodak kit if I fly it at the Brodak contest I get an extra 10 points. It could keep me from coming in last. I went to the Brodak contest to get ideas for color schemes. No such luck. All the planes were pastel in color. No red, white, and blue or black and white. Accent stripes everywhere. Not my bag. The only plane that attracted my eye was and ARF Nobler that was done in olive drab with invasion stripes. The finish was flat not glossy. I saw it fly and the pilot was real good on top of it. One of the Dixons I think. 11 months to build and come up with a color scheme, I should be able to get it done.

No comments: