Monday, July 7, 2008

Thinning the herd.

I have given up on the plane I have been trimming out. The engine run isn't what it should be and the wing can't support the weight. The airfoil is too thin and the leading edge is too sharp. I opted for it's sister ship but it's heavier and has a comparable airfoil. I then grabbed another with the Primary Force root airfoil all across and a Fox .40 engine. Weight is 40 oz., 13 or 14 ozs. lighter than the other ones and about 580 sq. in. so it should be all right. I liked the feel of the first plane but it was not consistant. The muffler broke a lug and vibrated off today. I saw it drop and picked it up after the flight. If this keeps up I may have to break into my good planes. 2 down 12 to go. The Shepard Hill elementary school is the field of choice right now. It was being mowed today.
We called the insurance co. for the hot rod today and will start running it around now that the El Camino is runnable. I don't have much to do with it in the shop and building season over. It's flying season. I could gunk down the FX too.

No comments: